KC Select Soccer Code of Conduct
for Parents & Spectators
The following standards of conduct outline a philosophy that is paramount to the game of soccer. Soccer is a sport which belongs to the players. While soccer games are exciting for parents and spectators, parent and spectator excitement and enthusiasm must be both positive and controlled. As a spectator of KC Select Soccer Club, I agree to the following:
- I understand that I am a role model and I am accountable for my actions and must lead by example.
- I will abide by the “FIFA Rules of the Game” and the rules, policies, and procedures of KC Select, Governing State and National Soccer Organizations (i.e. MYSA, USSF, USSSA, US Club Soccer), and League and Tournament Rules my child participates in.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support and by showing respect and courtesy for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice, or other KC Select events.
- I will accept the fact that referees, just as coaches and players are attempting to do their best. I will refrain from arguing with, or complain about, a referee’s calls or decisions, even if the referee makes a mistake.
- I will not criticize officials, direct abuse or profane language or gestures toward them, or otherwise question or undermine their authority. I will not intrude onto the field, stand on the sidelines and yell at or to the coaches, referees, players or opposing fans.
- I will support a sports environment for my child’s team that is free of illegal drugs, alcohol, profanity, abusive language and conduct, which could be deemed offensive.
- I will expect my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, gender, or ability.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will remember that the game is for my child and not for me.
- I will allow a 48 hour cool off period before discussing sensitive issues with a coach.
- I will discuss concerns or issues of disagreement with their child’s coach first. It is suggested and expected that a discussion of disagreement be held away from other team members or parents. After speaking with the coach and if you are still unsatisfied, contact the Director of Coaching. If after speaking to the D.O.C and still unsatisfied, contact a member of the Soccer Operations Committee and/or the Club President.
- Realize that our club reputation and/or perception to other clubs or teams or players can be tarnished or strengthened by our parental behavior(s) before, during, or after a game.
- During the annual soccer season, if my child is invited to play with another soccer team, I must notify my child’s KC Select coach and get permission.
Failure to comply with the CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS AND SPECTATORS will result in disciplinary action from KC Select Soccer Club. Such action may be issued in the form of a warning, parental game suspension, and/or player suspension. KC Select’s goal is to provide the children with a good and safe experience. We sincerely hope that the parents and guests will have just as good a time and will accept the program for what it is – a chance for our children to have fun and play the game.